Hi! I'm AlanV - Grothendieck Team

Hi guys! how are you?

I’m AlanV and I’m part of the Grothendieck Team (the ones behind Mantis Client).

I’m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. If you are coming down here, don’t hesitate to drop me a line, I will receive you at the best Cryptocurrency Hub in the country :wink:

See you around!

Welcome Alan!

Now I’m interested, what makes Argentina such a good Cryptocurrency hub?

P.S. Thank you for all your contributions to Ethereum Classic!

Well… things with the government and baking system are quite messy in Argentina. Just to give you some examples:

• We had a huge crisis in 2001. People savings got stuck into the banks. Also, we had 1 Peso to 1 USD parity before then. Guess what happened after that crisis? [1]
  • We have been living with > 20% yearly inflation for several years

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2001_riots_in_Argentina

Welcome to the forum! Good job on mantis client

Great to have you here Alan! cryptocurrencies and assets have a major opportunity to help alleviate corruption of third parties - especially in financial services. Ive been thinking about what ETC can do in Latin American countries like Mexico. So much corruption by the government :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah the amount of inflation is insane. Glad Cryptocurrencies can help some. Here’s hoping to see them have more stable values in the coming years.

Being in control of you assets is a great step imo. I would love to see some voting and government institutions transparency using blockchains too (if I’m allowed to dream, hehehe).

well that sure as hell wont happen in Venezuela lol - I can’t believe the shite going on down there - Petro Coin by Nicolas Maduro - Oh God -_- | I think ETC could create many opportunities for individuals and businesses to create their own future away from the control of the government.

Welcome to the forum @alanv_iohk_mantis. Thanks for making IOHK/Grothendiek accessible. I’m looking forward to using the tech developed by you and your team.

Also what are your thoughts on Alan McSherry getting @alan_iohk_mantis before you did? Hodling any secret grudges now?

Hi Alan - great job by the Grothendieck team you made your much publicized deadline to intergrate mantis / Etc with the DDlus wallet which was an awesome feat considering you had to build the client from scratch in scala to begin with in approx less that a year - look forward to all the next realeases and all the other cool stuff your team is working on ; ) wishing us all a very merry and happy holiday season ahead !!! (hopefully pyskell takes a day or 2 off but then he wouldn’t be pyskell lol )
This post on the slack earlier was cool too;
“nice shoutout to $ETC and IOHK from Dmitry Meshkov in this short interview”
I think you’ll enjoy the most at the 6:00 minute mark

@TheCrowbill awesome! I’m here to help if I can.

@anthony he played well. He started calling me Mr V. about a year ago…that’s how he made me like AlanV as nickname :joy:

@ninjapool Merry Xmas and happy new year for you (all) too! HAve a great time with your loved ones!

I see a lot of solutions proposed in terms of tokens but I rarely see people promote hardware wallets. Anyone here have some hardware wallets they recommend new traders to purchase?

Really excited for the crypto world and all the problems we can solve using it!
Cheers!

Trezor and Ledger Nano S are the most well known options. Both are compatible with ETC.