January Dev Update | Commonwealth

Can you describe how the sidechain works? Is it related to ECIP-1027/1028?

ETC will have a hard fork & air drop at block 5500000 (around 5th March). People will receive Callisto 1:1. I think Binance.com give Callisto.

You are mistaken @alep - the Callisto Network is a side chain based on a snapshot of ETC at block 5.5m - this ain’t a hard fork :smiley: also more announcements with more info on the network layer. Please bear with us haha

Hey @Dexaran do you think you could clarify?

Hi there

if i hold ETC in binance will i get the CLO coins? or do i need to hold in an external wallet. Could you please give me some suggestions of low Fee wallets to hold my ETC in, if thats the case?

Clo welcome very much, recently the price of etc has been activated

do i need to keep etc in wallet or binance is ok?

hi

exodus wallet supports it ??

Could you explain it more details about the hard fork, because many of us are newbies, I don’t know whether the hardfork at block 5.5M has something to do with us, because I’m only buying ETC, not mining it, so I don’t know whether the new hard fork is only related to miners? Like us, who don’t mine, do we get the hardfork coin as well? @ClassicIsComing

You are mistaken @alep - the Callisto Network is a side chain based on a snapshot of ETC at block 5.5m - this >ain’t a hard fork :smiley: also more announcements with more info on the network layer. Please bear with us

can i receive CLO while my ETC was store in the exchange?

whatever amount you hold at block 5.5 million is the amount you’ll have in CLO tokens - as far as I know -

It will be supported by JAXX wallet or we should use Emerald Wallet?

Use Emerald Wallet

@elaine Initially Callisto is not designed to work as a sidechain. Initially Callisto is not designed to work as a sidechain. It is a reference implementation of protocol changes combined with written in smart-contracts core features.

If a suitable way to turn any chain into a sidechain will be developed, then we will happily implement this mechanism in Callisto.

I’m not sure about JAXX. It is a bad wallet with very primitive functionality iirc. You can use ClassicEtherWallet, MEW or Emerald.

The most important part here is that you need to control the private key of your account to receive CLO.

As for me, a desktop wallet seems to be deprecated functionality of Bitcoin Core. Ethereum is designed so that it allows to broadcast signed transactions via the RPC node without a necessity to sync a full wallet or deliver private key to the remote node to broadcast TX.

Fortunately Emerald supports remote node functionality.

I see. so it is a fork? Or are you using a new genesis block? If it is a fork, will there be replay protection?

This is not a fork, we are using a new genesis block. I will provide chain ID later.

Hi,

Will it work with Ledger Nano S ?

Thank you